Tutorial

This week in my tutorial David McSherry and I discussed my project and to seal off the potential aims & objectives. My Aims & Objectives will be posted in a separate post. David suggested that as my project is a pop music project my aims should revolve around the pop music aesthetic, specifically aiming around the vocal and use of VSTs. The tracks should work towards a benchmark of listening material and use a hybrid of real instruments and VSTs.

The outcomes of learning were also discussed. As this is my final project I wanted to do a project that would challenge my production style. David suggested as I write music myself that writing and producing my own music would be a suitable avenue to go down. I have a unashamed love for pop music and its composition/production. It would have been easier for me to get a rock band or a similar genre and record them – however that would not widen my skills. For this project I really wanted to try something that would open different doors creatively and to alternate styles of production.